Date:      Sun, 25 Nov 2018 15:03:56 +0100
From:      Dave Cottlehuber <dch@skunkwerks.at>
To:        Mark Felder <feld@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-erlang@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OTP 21 for Elixir

On Sat, 24 Nov 2018, at 18:54, Mark Felder wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a patch to create lang/erlang21 for lang/elixir to depend upon.
> Please let me know if there are any changes that should be made before
> bringing this into the tree.
>

> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D18324

Thanks Mark,

Is lang/erlang-runtime21 not already sufficient? This works for me for years now, both for producing releases and running interactively:

```
$ export PATH=/usr/local/lib/erlang21/bin:$PATH
$ mix ...
```

Mmm, it's probably time to move default erlang to OTP20, which is effectively the oldest official supported release.

PS glad to hear there are more Elixir-FreeBSD people around! If it's helpful I have a lot of FreeBSD packaging bits for Elixir apps, happy to share them if that's of use.

A+
Dave