Date:      Wed, 30 Oct 2002 20:54:01 -0500
From:      Ray Kohler <ataraxia@cox.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Followup: questions about the performance of current

Ok, so based on the promising response I got to my original 3 questions,
I went ahead and upgraded. It went _very_ smoothly, with the help of
UPDATING and some experience with this sort of thing. No make errors at
any point. The only issues I hit were my fault, like forgetting to run
mergemaster and then having pam lock me out, and forgetting to install
perl and having half of my port rebuilds fail. D'oh.
Every port I have built cleanly with the exception of games/xkobo (very
minor, and I can file a PR if desired). (Also, the WITHOUT_COMPOSER hack
to mozilla-devel seems to be broken, but that's a separate issue.)

I am working on a write-up of my upgrade path, a sort of "Informal Guide
to doing 4.X->current", which I will post to -doc when the network on
the (non-FreeBSD) machine starts working again.

So, to sum it up, my upgrading experience was excellent. Great work.

- @