Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2000 23:03:47 -0500
From:      "Christian Kuhtz" <ck@arch.bellsouth.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   mbone audio under FreeBSD 4.x (RE: dell precision on-board audio)

> I don't know anything about your card, but have you tried
> device pcm in your kernel config?  Try looking in LINT for more
> information.

Yes, I most certainly have.   Catch is, mike volume is always low and I can
only very unreliably adjust it by means of 'mixer' when I attempt to adjust
the gain.

Further, it states in the rat FAQ that 4.x FreeBSD apparently has a bug in
'the audio driver' which causes rat to crash frequently (as I have observed as
well).  Can anybody shed light on this issue?

Anybody mbone'ing on 4.x FreeBSD?

Cheers,
Chris