Date:      Wed, 03 Jun 1998 22:45:38 +0200
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem oder normal ?

Hellmuth Michaelis writes:
>>From the keyboard of Gary Jennejohn:

>> >This is an indication of a problem. The isppp driver instructs layer 4
>> >to disconnect 2 times which is not appropriate. Perhaps Gary or Joerg
>> >know more why this happens.
>>
>> that was my first thought when I saw this report. I took a quick look
>> at the code (both i4b_isppp.c and if_spppsubr.c) but didn't see anything
>> obvious.
>
>I did not look at i4b_isppp.c and if_spppsubr.c but at the layer 3 fsm. The
>bug report says, that the layer 3 is already in the disconnect state and
>gets a second EV_DISCRQ.
>
>A workaround were to ignore the second EV_DISCRQ in l3, but according to
>Q.931 (03/93) it is illegal to do that.

my first suspicion was that something changed in the sppp related code so
that it was doing 2 disconnects istead of only 1. This was the situation
in the early days before I noticed it and fixed it :-)

Anyway, I've done some testing with isppp including doing ``ifconfig down''
and haven't seen any errors. The one thing I didn't try was hanging up
using isdnd.

I also have not seen any problems with automatic hangups using isppp. The
kernel time outs work just fine and the connection is closed just like it's
supposed to be.

---
Gary Jennejohn
Home - garyj@muc.de