Date:      Thu, 08 Jun 1995 01:52:38 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        Temptation <temp@temptation.interlog.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problem

> When I was done, I played with X a little, downed the machine, cntrl
> alt-del, it reset, I turned it off. Today I turn it on, and all part.
> are gone. Both Dos and FreeBSD say the drive is empty. I've been around
> along time, and I know parts get corrupted etc... but the drive is bare

Needless to say, that's bizarre.  Had you cycled the machine
previously to this?

I have about 5 DOS/FreeBSD combo machines here running ALPHA and
post-ALPHA (internal release) and they're all just fine, coming
up and down like yo-yos as I test things and with all data intact.

I'm not usually one to deny bugs in FreeBSD, but this really looks
like you're suffering from sunspot activity! :)

						Jordan