Date:      Fri, 2 Dec 2011 16:27:34 +0700
From:      Max Khon <fjoe@samodelkin.net>
To:        freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   CVS removal from the base

Hello!

I know that it is too early to speak about this, but I would like the
dust in the mailing lists to settle down before real actions can be
taken.

As soon as ports/ (and doc/) are moved to SVN I do not see any
compelling reasons for keeping CVS in the base system.
Those who still use it for development can install ports/devel/opencvs
(like all the src/ developers do for ports/devel/subversion/).

In my opinion it is just another piece of bitrot that resides in the
base system for no real reasons.

Max