Date:      Sat, 6 Aug 2011 23:28:56 +0400
From:      Peter Vereshagin <peter@vereshagin.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Why does Perl ExtUtils::MakeMaker install hang on FBSD Jail?

God love is hard to find. You got lucky freebsd-questions!
2011/08/04 13:23:04 -0400 Alejandro Imass <ait@p2ee.org> => To FreeBSD Questions :
AI> The MakeMaker build hangs in the test: INSTALL_BASE.t

I had that same problem too,

AI> the only person using the CPAN shell on an Jail !

... but had no idea if it happens only in a jail.

Looking at the ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm instances in my $PREFIX/lib/perl5 I
concluded that lang/perl5.X ports use to install several of them. That managed
me to install the latest and greatest EU::MM from CPAN's .tar.gz (6,57 I think)
and the only problem I have now is 'Need the 6.42 but we have an unknown
version' warning but thiungs are just ok.

You'd better ask in -perl@ list?

73! Peter pgp: A0E26627 (4A42 6841 2871 5EA7 52AB  12F8 0CE1 4AAC A0E2 6627)
--
http://vereshagin.org