Date:      Sat, 21 Jan 2006 11:02:02 -0500
From:      "Natham <Diego Arias>" <dak.col@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Cc:        dak.col@gmail.com
Subject:   speedstep trouble

hi:

i have installed freebsd 6 on my laptop. but my  speedstep dont works.
I were looking for help in the irc channel and nobodie can help me.
Now im updating to stable brach. I try everything but in dmesg i got
this:

Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/ad0s4a
est0: <Enhanced SpeedStep Frequency Control> on cpu0
est: CPU supports Enhanced Speedstep, but is not recognized.
est: Please update driver or contact the maintainer.
est: cpu_vendor GenuineIntel, msr 6120d2906000d29, bus_clk, 64
device_attach: est0 attach returned 6
est0: <Enhanced SpeedStep Frequency Control> on cpu0
est: CPU supports Enhanced Speedstep, but is not recognized.
est: Please update driver or contact the maintainer.
est: cpu_vendor GenuineIntel, msr 6120d2906000d29, bus_clk, 64
device_attach: est0 attach returned 6
p4tcc0: <CPU Frequency Thermal Control> on cpu0
est0: <Enhanced SpeedStep Frequency Control> on cpu0
est: CPU supports Enhanced Speedstep, but is not recognized.
est: Please update driver or contact the maintainer.
est: cpu_vendor GenuineIntel, msr 6120d2906000d29, bus_clk, 64
device_attach: est0 attach returned 6
est0: <Enhanced SpeedStep Frequency Control> on cpu0
est: CPU supports Enhanced Speedstep, but is not recognized.
est: Please update driver or contact the maintainer.
est: cpu_vendor GenuineIntel, msr 6120d2906000d29, bus_clk, 64
device_attach: est0 attach returned

i have a dell 630m laptop, with an intel pentium m 740.

what can i do?  (the speedstep works on linux -ubuntu-live- and windows).

dak