Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 2000 15:03:08 EDT
From:      "Tremayne Smith" <tmane333@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Restoring from tape.

Hey All,

I was hoping that someone would be able to give me a good resource for
information about restoring from tape.  I have found and read that I can
only backup filesystems using dump(8) and not merely specific directories,
and I was curious to know if this applied to restoring from tape.  Is it
necessary to restore the entire filesystem or can I simply restore a
specific directory?  If anyone has any information for me please share.
Thanx in advance.

Tre'