Date:      Sat, 23 Oct 2010 20:35:37 +0000
From:      Alexander Best <arundel@freebsd.org>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: acroread9 crashing

the freebsd linux emulator is missing support for the inotify_init syscall. you
won't be able to use acroread9, until it gets implemented.

right now i guess it returns ENOSYS to any linux app making use of it. you
might be able to work around this problem by replacing ENOSYS with 0. however
since no actual work is being done i suspect this won't make acroread9 run
properly.

you might want to drop Roman Divacky (rdivacky@) a note. he may have some
experimental patches at hand.

cheers.