Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2002 23:04:07 +1100
From:      "Rob B" <rbyrnes@ozemail.com.au>
To:        <petef@FreeBSD.org>, <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: ports/31996: Build of db3 fails at ./configure

----- Original Message -----
From: <petef@FreeBSD.org>
To: <rbyrnes@ozemail.com.au>; <petef@FreeBSD.org>;
<freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 4:35 AM

> Synopsis: Build of db3 fails at ./configure
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
> State-Changed-By: petef
> State-Changed-When: Tue Mar 5 09:35:22 PST 2002
> State-Changed-Why:
> Is this still a problem?  I can't repeat this on -stable or -current.
>
> http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=31996

Yes it is, I cvsup'd ports 11th March and ran :

[root@erwin]/usr/ports/databases/db3: make && make all install
===>  Configuring for db3-3.2.9_3,1
checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c -o root -g
wheel

<configure configure>
checking whether the C compiler (cc -O -pipe -mcpu=ev56 ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.
===>  Script "../dist/configure" failed: here are the contents of
"config.log"
This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

<dump begins>
===>  Script "../dist/configure" failed: here are the contents of
"config.log"
This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

configure:595: checking for a BSD compatible install

<snip>
configure:1197: checking whether the C compiler (cc -O -pipe -mcpu=ev56 )
works
configure:1213: cc -o conftest -O -pipe -mcpu=ev56 -D_THREAD_SAFE
conftest.c -pthread 1>&5
/usr/lib/libc_r.so: undefined reference to `_thread_sys_sigreturn'
configure: failed program was:

#line 1208 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

main(){return(0);}
(end of "config.log")
*** Error code 1

I'm wondering if the -mcpu option is what is killing it, even though it
works on all other ports that I have compiled

Cheers,
Rob