Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 10:52:34 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jonathan Fosburgh <wotan@fosburgh.dyndns.org>
To:        Patrick Burm <patb@commlitho.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: installation floppies

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, Patrick Burm wrote:

> I downloaded the installation floppies for
> 3.1 hoping to do an install via ftp.
>
> Unfortunately, the generic kernel does not
> seem to include the ix0 driver as described
> by the supported hardware section of the
> handbook. I have an intel ether express
> NIC that I'm trying to use.
Why does the documentation still say this? The ix driver hasn't been
around since before 2.2.2 (the first release I used). Use the ie driver,
but beware, it does not always work well (unless serious changes were made
to it since 2.2.6, the last time I successfully used my old EtherExpress
16).

Jonathan Fosburgh
Geotechnician
Snyder Oil Corporation