Date:      Sat, 5 Aug 2000 23:02:55 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@freebsd.org>
To:        Arcady Genkin <antipode@thpoon.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Default location for `sup' and refuse file

On Sat, Aug 05, 2000 at 05:36:41PM -0400, Arcady Genkin wrote:
> I just wrote my refuse file.  I read refuse.README in
> /usr/src/share/examples/cvsup, and it implies that the default sup
> directory is /usr/sup.  On my pretty much standard installation (with
> CVSup's base directory /usr) I didn't have that directory.  When I
> created it and put my refuse file there, id didn't work.
>
> Later I found that I have a sup directory under
> /usr/local/etc/cvsup/.  Putting my refuse file there worked just fine.
>
> Is that a bug in the README file or is something not standard on my
> system?

It depends. If you look at the manpage for cvsup you will see that
there are 3 valid locations for refuse files. Where you put it
determines the paths you need to add for the entries.

I put mine in /usr/sup. This is global so you can put everything in
the one file, but putting it in /usr/sup means that you have to path
everything relative to base (i.e. /usr). As an example, here is mine
which stops cvsup getting non-English docs and ports and all but doc PRs:

doc/de* doc/es* doc/fr* doc/ja* doc/nl* doc/ru* doc/zh*
www/es* www/fr* www/ja* www/nl* www/ru* www/zh*
ports/chinese ports/german ports/japanese ports/korean ports/russian
ports/vietnamese
gnats/[a-ce-z]*

> --
> Arcady Genkin
> Thanks God I'm still an atheist! -- Luis Bunuel

  If I buy a copy of WinDelete, and it doesn't delete Windows,
  am I entitled to my money back?