Date:      Wed, 17 Dec 1997 19:33:15 -0600 (CST)
From:      nickca@sprynet.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: pccard help!

On 17 Dec, Goeringer, Michael sniveled:
.-> Hmmm, OK.  First off you controller is not on IRQ 3 as this would be
.-> reserved for Com2 and Com4.  Do you have a program that lists all your
.-> IRQ's that are used?  Or the manual?   Ok, your system may be like my
.-> ThinkPad and have most IRQ's taken.
i'm pretty sure they're all free, as there is a minimal amount of
devices on the computer. there is only one serial port, and the kernel
detects the controller properly:
pcic: controller irq 3
Card inserted, slot 0

.-> I would try this, in your kernel
.-> remove the IRQ 7 from LPT1 and allow your printer to be polled.  Use
.-> IRQ 7 for your XJ1144.  I too have this modem (which I'm not using but
.-> have configured before), so If I can be of any more help let me know.
.->
.-> Michael G.
.->
i tried this, and i got the same message: "/kernel: stray irq 7"
i can't think of what the problem could possibly be.. pccards worked
fine under both linux and dos, so i know nothing's broken..

--
Nick Caccamisi
nickca@sprynet.com