Date:      Wed, 18 Mar 2009 18:27:32 +0100 (CET)
From:      Pieter Donche <Pieter.Donche@ua.ac.be>
To:        "mail.list freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   imap on freebsd7

I want to access a mailbox on a FreeBSD7 server via IMAP from Outlook
2003. I had a setup for accessing a mailbox on a Solaris server via IMAP
from the same Outlook 2003.

In the FreeSBD7 system, outcommented in /etc/inetd.conf the line
imap4 stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/libexec/imapd imapd

and did
# /etc/rc.d/inetd reload

Then set up a new mailaccount in Outlook 2003 for this FreeSBD7 mailbox
in EXACTLY the same way in the way I did for the Solaris server.

>From Outlook 2003 I can login to the FreeBSD server with username:password
and get connected, but the "Inbox" shows nothing..

I probably am missing some step here.  Any ideas/hints what step ?