Date:      Sun, 5 May 2019 03:18:22 +1000
From:      Scott Aitken <freebsd-lists-5@thismonkey.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: route based ipsec

> On 5/2/2019 4:16 PM, KOT MATPOCKuH wrote:
> > 0.The ipsec-tools port currently does not have a maintainer (C) portmaster
> > ... Does this solution really supported? Or I should switch to use
> > another IKE daemon?

I've just started using IPSEC between a 12.0-RELEASE box, a 11.2-RELEASE-p9
box and a Cisco IOS router.

I haven't seen any core dumps or crashes.  I run routing between these
devices (using RIPv2 rather than OSPF) - in order to do this you need to
create tunnels between the devices because encrypting routing protocols and
things that use multicast is tricky.  I felt that that the handbook example
was lacking - it should have been encrypting the tunnel endpoints and NOT the
LAN traffic on either side of the tunnel.

Anyway I built IPENCAP (aka IPinIP) tunnels using gif interfaces and
configured racoon/ipsec-tools to build the SA/SADs using the tunnel endpoints
and IP protocol 4 (IPENCAP).

Step 1 was to confirm I could PING over the gif tunnel without crytpo.  Then
I fired up racoon (setkey to create the SA and racoon for IPSEC).

If you want the configs let me know.

Scott