Date:      Tue, 28 Oct 2003 20:45:54 -0700
From:      <MPAREDES@telmex.com>
To:        <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   problems with LPD

Hi:

I have a printer configured in the BSD, is working fine, now
I need to enable that other systems print in this printer,
to do this I add 2 lines to the file /etc/hosts.lpd

10.192.2.134
as_nte.intranet.telmex.com.

but the remote system can't print, so I run lpd with -c flag
to enable all the connections error via syslog.

In the file /var/log/lpd-errs I have this message repeated

Oct 28 20:25:11 bsdsis lpd[10575]: Host name for remote host
(10.192.2.134) not known (8)

why doesn't print, if the ip is in the file hosts.lpd?

If I run the command "host 10.192.2.134", it return me 3
names and one of them is "as_nte.intranet.telmex.com"

Also, I like to enable the printers (all) in this server
to be accessible to any one in the net 10.

maps