Date:      Thu, 19 Oct 1995 13:30:36 +1000 (EST)
From:      David Dawes <dawes@rf900.physics.usyd.edu.au>
To:        ache@astral.msk.su (=?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?=)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xterm dumps core

>>Andrey should think about the consequences of upsetting thousands of
>>previously happy FreeBSD users when they discover that the X that they've
>>been using just fine for a year or more on FreeBSD 2.0/2.0.5 no longer
>>works, with problems ranging from xterm dumping core to compose processing
>>no longer working.
>
>X shipped on the same CD as FreeBSD and it is newer that
>2.0/2.0.5 variant, so upgrading recommended in this case.
>I already make neccessary locale.alias additions.

Does this imply that the XFree86 shipped with 2.1 will contain the new
names in locale.alias?  If so, please do not call it simply "XFree86
3.1.2" because that will lead to confusion with the definitive 3.1.2
version, and cause problems for someone who wants to upgrade their source
to a new version with a future patch.  Please make it clear that it is
a version updated to include support for FreeBSD 2.1.

David