Date:      Thu, 07 Oct 1999 17:19:01 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Michael Kenneth Henry <mhenry@black.ug.cs.usyd.edu.au>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: An article from Microsoft

Michael Kenneth Henry wrote:

> The only point I agree with is "Linux can replace Windows on the desktop"
>
> Yes, I know Linux and *BSD are great desktop OSs, but only for people
> who know how to use UNIX. For the average joe/jane, Windows and MacOS
> are currently the best options.

Let me respectfully disagree with you. Linux and *BSD, if
pre-installed and running gnome or kde with a carefully prepared
desktop and office-type applications is as easy to use as anything
else out there.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"I always feel generous when I'm in the inner circle of a
conspiracy to subvert the world order and, with a small group of
allies, just defeated an alien invasion. Maybe I should value myself
a little more?"