Date:      Sun, 21 Jun 2020 19:01:00 -0600
From:      Adam Weinberger <adamw@adamw.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: My first port

On Sun, Jun 21, 2020 at 4:11 PM Nikolaj Thygesen
<mailinglist@diamondbox.dk> wrote:

> Hi freebsd-ports,
>
>         I'm trying to create my first port and things are taking shape, b=
ut I'm down to one little detail making me feel a bit dirty. The port is ba=
sed on the latest release of swi-prolog, which has switched to cmake/ninja.=
 My final issue is that the pkg-conf-.pc file gets installed in PREFIX/shar=
e/pkgconfig instead of PREFIX/libdata/pkgconfig, but I can't find the best =
way to maneuver it into the right directory.
>         My current hack-ish solution has been to add to pkg-plist a line =
like:

>                 @sample share/pkgconfig/swipl.pc libdata/pkgconfig/swipl.=
pc

> ... which actually works, but it feels wrong. Is there a better more stan=
dard way to do this?

If you can't find and patch the location in the cmake files (like
Muhammad advised), the easiest solution is to move it in post-install.
But Muhammad's solution is the best option and you should shoot for
that first.

post-install:
    ${MV} ${STAGEDIR}${PREFIX}/share/pkgconfig/swipl.pc
${STAGEDIR}${PREFIX}/libdata/pkgconfig

# Adam

--=20
Adam Weinberger