Date:      Thu, 22 Mar 2001 14:33:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      Clark Shishido <cshishid@slip.net>
To:        TMaher@entigen.com (Tony Maher)
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec 19160 and Data Parity Errors

> ahc: Data Parity Error Detected during address or write data phase
> PCI Interupt at seqaddr=0x8  <- this also alternates with 0x9o

there seem to be some issues with the ahc driver in 4.3-BETA and BETA2
see the "ahc invalidating pack" thread for some details.
some fixes were just committed so we all need to do a cvsup and
recompile. (with a older kernel, of course)

I was experiencing write errors with a ahc7896 on an Intel mobo.
right now, I'm just testing the hardware with an older FreeBSD
release just to make sure.

--clark