Go forward to General.
Go up to (dir).
This file describes annotations in GDB, the GNU symbolic debugger.
Annotations are designed to interface GDB to graphical user interfaces
or other similar programs which want to interact with GDB at a
relatively high level.
This is Edition 0.5, May 1994.
- What annotations are; the general syntax.
- Issuing a command without affecting user state.
- Values are marked as such.
- Stack frames are annotated.
- GDB can be told to display something periodically.
- Annotations marking GDB's need for input.
- Annotations for error messages.
- Breakpoint Info
- Information on breakpoints.
- Some annotations describe things now invalid.
- Whether the program is running, how it stopped, etc.
- Annotations describing source code.
- Annotations which might be added in the future.