Go forward to Introduction.
Go up to (dir).
This document describes the client/server protocol used by CVS. It
does not describe how to use or administer client/server CVS; see the
regular CVS manual for that. This is version 1.9.10 of the protocol
specification--See Introduction, for more on what this version
- What is CVS and what is the client/server protocol for?
- Basic design decisions, requirements, scope, etc.
- Protocol Notes
- Possible enhancements, limitations, etc. of the protocol
- Connection and Authentication
- Various ways to connect to the server
- Complete description of the protocol