Go forward to Language History.
Go backward to Built-in Variables.
Go up to Top.
There are two ways to run `awk': with an explicit program, or with
one or more program files. Here are templates for both of them; items
enclosed in `[...]' in these templates are optional.
Besides traditional one-letter POSIX-style options, `gawk' also
supports GNU long named options.
awk [POSIX OR GNU STYLE OPTIONS] -f progfile [`--'] FILE ...
awk [POSIX OR GNU STYLE OPTIONS] [`--'] 'PROGRAM' FILE ...
- Command line options and their meanings.
- Other Arguments
- Input file names and variable assignments.
- AWKPATH Variable
- Searching directories for `awk' programs.
- Obsolete Options and/or features.
- Undocumented Options and Features.