Go forward to Sample Program.
Go backward to Installation.
Go up to Top.
This appendix provides a brief summary of the `gawk' command line
and the `awk' language. It is designed to serve as "quick reference."
It is therefore terse, but complete.
- Command Line Summary
- Recapitulation of the command line.
- Language Summary
- A terse review of the language.
- Variables, fields, and arrays.
- Rules Summary
- Patterns and Actions, and their
- Functions Summary
- Defining and calling functions.
- Historical Features
- Some undocumented but supported "features".