Go backward to Readline Convenience Functions.
Go up to Programming with GNU Readline.
Typically, a program that reads commands from the user has a way of
disambiguating commands and data. If your program is one of these, then
it can provide completion for commands, data, or both. The following
sections describe how your program and Readline cooperate to provide
- How Completing Works
- The logic used to do completion.
- Completion Functions
- Functions provided by Readline.
- Completion Variables
- Variables which control completion.
- A Short Completion Example
- An example of writing completer subroutines.