Date:      Tue, 6 Jan 1998 11:08:53 +0100 (MET)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   bochs and vn devices

I gave bochs, a MSD-DOS emulator under FreeBSD a try and it's working
quite nicely. The only problem I still have - and that has been left
unanswered in two or three weeks since I posted it before chrismas in
the bochs-developers mailing list - is that I cannot mount DOS
partitions effectively.

Bochs allows for having disk image files like 30M.vga or 126M.vga
but when I have a mount_msdos mounted /c slice I see no way
how to access this from bochs. Any clues?

The other problem is vn devices:

I wonderfully can create a floppy image and say

vnconfig /dev/vn0 floppyimage and then mount -t msdos /dev/vn0 /mnt

But when the diskimage is a disk which is partitioned with
the fdisk program under bochs I see no way to mount that file.

Any ideas?