Date:      Sun, 28 Jun 1998 21:39:04 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
To:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   xmcd-2.3 patches/port for CAM

	For those CAM users who are interested, I have ported XMCD 2.3 to
CAM.  Right now, I have just made a port and a patch available.

	If anyone is interested (i.e. people without Motif), I can upload a
version of it with the binaries statically linked with the Motif when the
next CAM snapshot comes out.  (I don't want to do it now, just in case any
subtle incompatibilities, like the change in the definition of the ioctl
syscall, cause it to break for the current CAM snapshot.)

	Anyway, here are the URLs:

This is the port:
ftp://ftp.kdm.org/pub/FreeBSD/cam/xmcd-2.3.cam-port.980628.tar.gz

This is the patch:
ftp://ftp.kdm.org/pub/FreeBSD/cam/xmcd-2.3.cam_patch.980628

	The port basically consists of the xmcd port from -current with the
above patch copied into the patches directory as 'patch-ad'.  The patch
makes the xmcd build/configure process automatically detect a CAM system
and configure itself accordingly.  (it detects a "CAM" system by looking
for /usr/include/camlib.h)

	If anyone has any questions, problems, comments, etc., let me know.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@plutotech.com