Date:      Mon, 15 Jun 1998 20:19:52 +0100
From:      Seth Leigh <seth@pengar.com>
To:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Temp. Monitoring Software for Intel Providence mobo?

Hi all.
I know a few people have bought Intel PR440FX Providence dual PPro
motherboards recently, as have I.  My machine is up and running just great
now.  I want to be able to monitor the temperatures of my two PPro cpus.
Does anyone know if there is any software available already that can talk
to the motherboard's temp. sensing hardware?  If not, does anyone know
where I would look to find out what I would need to know to write a simple
program for this myself?

If I successfully write or find some temp. software for this motherboard, I
will of course share it with anyone else who wants it.  I am running the
FreeBSD 3.0-980311-SNAP.

Seth Leigh
seth@pengar.com