Date:      Sat, 8 May 1999 21:31:49 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
To:        mjacob@feral.com
Cc:        karl@Denninger.Net, darrylo@sr.hp.com, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question - Onstream SCSI Streamer

As Matthew Jacob wrote ...

> > > The drive.
> >
> > Yikes. What got broken? Leader pickup? Head?
>
> Leader pickup is easy- that happens regularly. You pop the drive upon and
> put the leader pickup back on the spring. The heads probably. It never was

Yep, leaders are easy. If you know how to do it obviously.

I got my DLT4000 that way. "Does nothing, blinks all leds". Bought it
for US$ 25 because they thought is was scrap. I did not not know what the
culprit was, but when I found out I had a *good* day. I still smile when
I use it ;-)

The heads are also one of the most expensive parts of the whole drive. So..

> ATL (the drives were in a large ATL jukebox ~500 slots, 3 DLT2000) that it
> wasn't working. Shame on us.

ATLs are cool stuff, I agree. I've played with the 260 cartridge variant.
They become less funny when you open the door and it does a full inventory
..

Groeten / Cheers,