Date:      Sun, 07 Mar 1999 16:45:43 +0100
From:      Roy Leembruggen <roy@lemb.demon.nl>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD with ELF binaries

I am fairly new to Unix/Linux and FreeBSD. I started off with FreeBSD
2.2.7 and was very pleased with the easy installation interface from the
cdrom. Also purchased 'The Complete FreeBSD' book by Greg Lehey which
helped enormously. This encouraged me to go over to Version 3.0 on cdrom
which I found in a bookshop in Amsterdam, but to my surprise after
installing it I got the following message when trying to execute fvwm2,
afterstep, xsnow etc.

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libkrb.so.3" not found

I have now ordered Version 3.1 (stable?) from Walnut Creek and hope I do
not get the same problem. In the meantime can anyone kindly enlighten me
about this problem, and also let me know where I can find more info
about ELF binaries?