Date:      Mon, 28 Feb 2000 15:23:00 +0900
From:      MIHIRA Sanpei Yoshiro <sanpei@sanpei.org>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   [fxtv,pcm sound driver] fxtv support newpcm(4-current) sound driver??

  I tried to create mpeg video file with fxtv.  But I can't record
sound track correctly.

  My FreeBSD system:
	- Bt878 Video Capture card
	- SoundBlaster 32PnP
	- FreeBSD-4-current (2000-Feb-14)
	- /sys/dev/sound newpcm sound driver
	- fxtv-1.02

  From mailing list archive, fxtv require VoxWare Sound driver, not
support Luigi's sound pcm driver.

<<<Fxtv MPEG recording>>>
http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=11918+14429+/usr/local/www/db/text/1999/freebsd-multimedia/19990815.freebsd-multimedia

  But another information from GNATS db, this problem was solved.

>Patch applied to 3.x-stable.
>The pcm sound card driver in 4.x-current has been rewritten and called
>newpcm so this problem no longer applies to 4.x-current

Problem Report i386/9283
ioctl(SNDCTL_DSP_SETFMT) on /dev/audio (pcm) returns wrong value when sampling
http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=9283

  And My question is ``May I use fxtv with newpcm sound driver?''.

Thank you.
---
MIHIRA Sanpei Yoshiro
Yokohama, Japan.