Date:      Sun, 25 Jun 2000 17:16:04 +0800
From:      Gong Wei <ccegongw@nus.edu.sg>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   <Linux Virtual Server> Equivalent in FreeBSD?

Dear All,

I am quite impressed by the Linux Virtual Server Project
<http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org>.  Is there any similar project on FreeBSD?

One of my assignment is to provide a highly available web service
(http/https) with limited budget.  The only solution I can think of right
now is to use Linux Virtual Server to dynamically redirect traffic to a
farm of Win2K web server (we couldn't affort to change the web server OS
due to some legacy reason ...).   It would be great if there are something
equivalent on FreeBSD platform, though.

The requirement is pretty simple:
1. load sharing among many real servers,
2. able to automatically detect failure real server and avoid forwarding
request to it
3. low cost.

Any pointer/additional info is greatly appreciated.  Please email to me at
ccegongw@nus.edu.sg.  Thank you!

Regards
Gong Wei