Date:      Sun, 18 Nov 2001 13:03:27 +0100 (CET)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   OT: IP address not constant within 24h in DSL (1&1 flatrate)

Sorry for communicating an OT issue in this list but since some of
you are using DSL as well I thought I might ask:

For a couple of days I'm running T-DSL but with 1&1 as the provider.
I thought they would change IP once in 24 h but actually they
seem to do it quite randomly.

Anyone knowing why or how once can enforce that it stays constant
over 24h?

I'm using the dynip.de client script by an hourly cron job.
 From the outside I'm pinging me also hourly to host.dynip.de
In the log I can see that my IP changes randomly.

Is this different in T-DSL with T-Online flatrate?

In other words: Could this be considered a lack in quality in the 1&1
service.