Date:      Mon, 23 Sep 2002 00:43:15 +0200
From:      Thomas Quinot <thomas@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Code factoring in /etc/periodic/security firewall checks

Much code duplication exists in /etc/periodic/security scripts.
I would like to propose that most of the complexity of these scripts
be factored out into a common file.

The patch at
  http://www.cuivre.fr.eu.org/~thomas/periodic-security/
factors the common code out of 100.chksetuid, 200.chkmounts,
500.ipfwdenied, 600.ip6fwdenied and 700.kernelmsg. It also adds
a new script, 501.ipfdenied, similar in purpose to 500.ipfwdenied
but for use with ipfilter.

If there are no objections I intend to commit this to -CURRENT around
Oct. 1st.

Thomas.