Date:      Sun, 25 Aug 2002 13:43:33 +0100
From:      Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org>
To:        Bob Johnson <bob88@garbonzo.hos.ufl.edu>
Cc:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Use of USB "Disk on a key" devices

Bob,

On Sat, Aug 24, 2002 at 06:31:55PM -0400, Bob Johnson wrote:
> When you plug the device in to your system, it should be recognized.
> with a log message something like
>
> Aug 20 22:56:06 bobj /kernel: da0: <TREK2000 TD-G2 W1.1> Removable Direct
> Access SCSI-0 device

Still no joy. I'd been meaning to do the standard DA_Q_NO_6_BYTE hack
last time I left off with this. Although umass attaches to the device,
the rest of the attach process doesn't go as expected (even when I do
sysctl kern.cam.da.no_6_byte=1).

For example:-
umass1: M-Systems DiskOnKey, rev 1.10/2.00, addr 8
umass1: Get Max Lun not supported (SHORT_XFER)

triage:~ % s camcontrol devlist
<Sony MSC-U01N 1.00>               at scbus0 target 0 lun 0 (da0,pass0)
<M-Sys DiskOnKey 2.51>             at scbus0 target 1 lun 0 (da1,pass1)

triage:~ % s camcontrol inquiry 0:1:0
Exit 1
(Times out).

Occasionally I'll see BBB resets being initiated by the umass driver. I've
tried this with the DiskOnKey plugged into both a downstream hub and directly
into the root hub itself.

Running udesc_dump against the DiskOnKey when it's plumbed in as a ugen device
gets interesting:-
[..]
        Standard Interface Descriptor:
	[..]
          bInterfaceClass    08
          bInterfaceSubClass 06
          bInterfaceProtocol 50
	[..]

So it's being picked up by the umass driver based on its primary interface
class and subclass, and 0x50 = 80 decimal, which is UPROTO_MASS_BBB_P, which
means umass thinks it's an Iomega Zip 100.

Since I got my MemoryStick and CompactFlash support sorted out, this isn't
a priority for me, but if anyone else wants to have a shot, I will help
where I can.

BMS