Date:      Sun, 22 Sep 2002 08:58:05 -0400
From:      Mark Conway Wirt <mark@intrepid.net>
To:        freebsd-mozilla@freebsd.org
Subject:   Simple Java Question

Last night,  makeworld'ed my system, and used that as an opportunity
to install the latest Mozilla that is available in the package
tree (1.0 RC3).

It works fine, but it appears to be looking to /usr/local/jdk1.3.1 to
find the java plugin.  Now, as far as I can tell, I'll need to
compile -- from source -- the entire JDK to get Java support
enabled (there do not seem to be pre-compiled binaries available,
presumably because of licensing concerns).

I can do this, but it is a long a difficult process on my
four-year-old laptop, and diskspace really is at a premium, so I'd
prefer *not* installing the whole JDK, if that's an option.

Any insight would be appreciated!

--Mark