Date:      Sun, 10 Feb 2002 16:01:00 -0500
From:      Jim Durham <durham@jcdurham.com>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPSEC and gif interface after 4.4

I pass this along to save someone else some head-banging like I did.

I missed this in the 4.4 release notes:

"Network device cloning has been implemented, and the gif(4) device has
been modified to take advantage of it. Thus, instead of specifying how
many gif(4) interfaces are available in kernel configuration files,
ifconfig(8)'s create option should be used when another device instance
is desired."

IPSEC uses a gif interface. I couldn't imagine why it wasn't there on my
4.4 systems. 'ifconfig gif0 create' makes it happen. Duh...

-Jim