Date:      Sun, 10 Feb 2002 09:22:20 +0100
From:      _GNU_ <gnu@ukonline.co.uk>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TCPv6 lags in 4.5-RELEASE?

>I don't know if I can quantify the issue very well, but since moving
>from 4.4-RELEASE to 4.5-RELEASE on my laptop, I've noticed that
>TCP-over-IPv6 sessions get stuck rather easily. They end up in a
>state where no further I/O will take place. TCP-over-IPv4 does not
>have this problem.
>
>This machine is using IPSEC over 802.11b (wi0 - a lucent gold card),
>and a (gif0) tunnel for IPv6-over-v4 (without any IPSEC since it's
>tunneling over v4 which is IPSECed anyway).
>
>Can anyone think of a reason why 4.5-RELEASE should be having
>problems in this area that 4.4-RELEASE did not?

>with "unsubscribe freebsd-stable" in the body of the message

We are several people who have noticed the same, although the problem
you are describing is more like what a friend of mine is describing,
while the problem is so severe for me, I cannot even get on IRC
through ipv6 without pinging out before even being able to join a
channel..

Tried tunnels at both xs26.net and tunnelbroker.net with the same result.

Running recent 4.5-STABLE

Nothing like this in 4.4

   // _GNU_
   // http://www.modem.nu/