Date:      Wed, 3 Nov 2004 14:56:50 -0500
From:      "Jason Klotzer" <jklotzer@nycedc.com>
To:        <freebsd-smp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Compaq Proliant 5500 Rebooting ?!

Hi,

I recently installed 5.2.1 on a newly purchased (off of ebay) 2x 500mhz =
Compaq Proliant 5500 w/ stock parts. As mentioned by a few lists, I got =
a copy of the SmartStart 5.50 CD, booted off of that, setup the machine =
as a "Unixy" machine, then installed FreeBSD.=20

Everything went smoothly, until I start cvsup'ing my ports and the =
machine reboots. Not only does the machine reboot under that condition, =
but it reboots ever so many minutes (~30-45 minutes). What could the =
problem be? I read another list subscribers similar problem and he =
solved it by changing the Software Recovery option in his bios or =
something of this sort? My problem is I can't find a way to directly =
access the BIOS config... anyone have anything?=20

Also, in my dmesg, the output only displays one processor? Is this =
because the default kernel does not include SMP support? I was =
attempting to rebuild the kernel, yet the default listed smp as an =
option...? What's up?!

--jason=20