Date:      Sun, 22 Apr 2007 13:18:49 +0200
From:      Stefan Ehmann <shoesoft@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Cc:        "Bruce M. Simpson" <bms@freebsd.org>
Subject:   tun devices and vpnc in CURRENT

On CURRENT, each time I stop/start vpnc a new tun device is created.
Since I restart vpnc every time I re-connect to the network, my ifconfig
output fills up with tun devices.

On 6.2-RELEASE the tun0 device is reused each time I run vpnc.

Reverting to src/sys/net/if_tun.c rev 1.162 shows the old behaviour. (It seems
I'm noticing this a bit late)

Is this a bug in either CURRENT or vpnc?

If I set sysctl net.link.tun.devfs_cloning=0, vpnc doesn't work at all:
# vpnc
vpnc version 0.4.0
kldload: can't load if_tun: File exists
can't initialise tunnel interface: No such file or directory

This is a CURRENT as of today. Please tell me if you need more info.

Stefan