Date:      Sun, 04 Jan 2009 11:52:18 +0900
From:      "M. Giegerich" <migieger@bawue.de>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Promise SATA300 TX4302 feedback?

On Sat, 2009-01-03 at 15:17 -0800, Vlad Skvortsov wrote:

> >> I'm not quite getting what you mean -- can you clarify please?
> >
> > What he means is use controllers that do RAID in hardware, not
> > software-raid cards like that Promise.
>
> I don't need RAID, I just need an eSATA jack.

Wouldn't drives connected via eSata saturate the PCI bus? OTOH for
backup purposes that might be negletable...
(I'm looking too for something to replace my SLR tapes. Hard drives
today are much less expensive, faster (?) and reliable as much (?)
as any tape).

So yes, I would be also interested to hear about experiences with
this or other eSATA controllers under 6-STABLE...

Michael