Date:      Sun, 8 Dec 1996 10:21:19 +0200 (IST)
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@cs.technion.ac.il>
To:        Rob Misiak-Rishaw <rob@arpa.com>
Cc:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, chat@freebsd.org, softweyr@xmission.com
Subject:   Re: Slowest machine [Was: TCP/IP ick!]

On Sun, 8 Dec 1996, Rob Misiak-Rishaw wrote:

> A couple months ago, a friend of mine decided that he wanted to have
> the slowest machine on the internet, and set up his old Sun 2/120 :)
> Average ping time from the ethernet is 120ms. The 2/120 takes up
> roughly half as much power as the rest of the machines on the entire LAN do
> combined :)
>
> The slowest machine that I have at my house, besides the Windows machine :)
> is a Sun 3/60. It has 20MB RAM in it (had to use 20 1 meg SIMMs!), and it
> makes more noise than my microwave oven. I'm not planning on replacing
> it any time soon, though. People collect old stamps, old coins, old
> furniture... why not old computers? ;)
>
> Rob

Bringing Suns into the picture, I'm writing this on a Sun386i with 16MB.
I guess the CS department here at the Technion can berak many "slowest on
the Internet" records. I think there must be about a hundred of those
Suns here, and they are the work horses for us graduate students for
things like email and LaTeX.

Nadav