Date:      Sun, 07 Jan 1996 03:47:40 EST
From:      NGNR41A@prodigy.com (MR GRAEME D SMART)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   dns daemon

I'm working on setting up a domain name server for several school
districts in Idaho--something I've never done before.  I have FreeBSD
running on a PC but when I run the NAMED program--at least I think
that's what it is; I'm new to UNIX--it can't find all of the files.

I'm assuming that I haven't downloaded all the files needed, or
didn't do the proper installation, or both.  At first I did the basic
User install and couldn't find it.  Then I reinstalled but didn't
have the src/ssys files, where I'm thinking my problem may be.
Could you tell me precisely what files/libraries I need to get the
NAMED daemon up and running? (I'm using release 2.1.0)
Also any other clues that may be helpful.

(I'm also using my daughter's e-mail as I gave mine up a bit too soon
in anticipation of this being done. Stupid.)
Thanks for any help you can offer.
Graeme Smart