Date:      Mon, 30 Dec 96 06:55 MET
From:      torstenb@freebsd.org (Torsten Blum)
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/share/doc/handbook hw.sgml

In freebsd_chat you wrote:

>To the best of my knowledge, all other countries would finally also
>fire their bureaucrats if they make too many mistakes.  In Germany,
>that's simply impossible: they must be paid until they finally die.

No, they can be fired - but it's _very_ hard to do so and it does not happen
often.
For example, if a "beamter" violates "law" in serious ways (robbery,
murdering and similar things) he can be fired. But that's probably not
what you meant...

I like reading mail and news in train - All I need is a "modem" card for
my nokia mobile phone ... ;-)
  Torsten