Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 1997 17:51:42 +0000
From:      Lorenzo VICISANO <L.Vicisano@cs.ucl.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD & laptop: state of the art

Hello everybody,

I'm a new freebsd-over-laptop user (actually new laptop user!),
currently running 2.2.2+PAO on a thinkpad 560. I'm happy with all the
power management issues, but not as happy with pccard (sportster modem
hangs the machine when going in power saving and 3C589D do the same
when I unplug it `hot').

As I'm thinking of upgrading to 2.2.5, my question is: is 2.2.5 supposed
to supersede PAO stuff or not? And how is it doing?

I'm new in the mailing list and, though I had a look at the archive, it
might be that the question has been discussed yet, sorry if it is so.

	cheers,
	Lorenzo Vicisano

        / Lorenzo Vicisano       \ http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/L.Vicisano /
      / Dept. of Computer Science  \      E-mail  L.Vicisano@cs.ucl.ac.uk /
    / University College London      \    Tel        +44 171 419 3670   /
  / Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT, UK \  Fax        +44 171 387 1397 /