Date:      Sun, 6 Jun 1999 22:05:35 +0200
From:      "Frank J. Beckmann" <frank@vogon.agala.harz.de>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ELSA MicroLink ISDN/PCF

In article <MSGID_242=3A7600=2F1_3758dc75@Fido.DE> you wrote:
> FJB> what option and device line do I need to get an ELSA MicroLink
> FJB> ISDN/PCF working with i4b in 3.2-STAVBLE?
>
> FJB>         options "ELSA_ISDNMC"
>
>That won't work. If anything would work, then this:

It was just a guess. i4b in 3.2-STAVBLE is still 0.71 which doesn't
support my card.

>options "ELSA_PCC16"
>device isic0 at isa? port 0x360 net irq 5 flags 19 vector isicintr

I got i4b 0.81 which supports "ELSA_PCC16" and my card works now. :-)

>The PCF is the same board as the PCC with added Fax functionality (which i4b
>cannot use anyway). Although Gary suggested it wouldn't work, I would give it a
>try. Perhaps you have to look in the code and copy code from the PCC section to
>the PCF section, if that distinction should be made anywhere.

Are the PCF and PCC really different in hardware or only in software,
and what are the 2 LEDs for?

I get a lot messages:

	i4b-L1-isicintr: WARNING: unit 0, No IRQ from HSCX/ISAC!

but systat shows about 260 ips on irq 5 when I download something from
the net, so I guess only some interrupts get lost. My system is based
on an Intel DK440LX with 2 PII 333. I tryed

	options	"I4B_SMP_WORKAROUND"

but it doesn't help.

Frank