Date:      Sun, 10 Oct 1999 00:31:20 PDT
From:      "N. N.M" <madrapour@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Port 31789 scanning and ...

Hi everybody,

1) I have IPFW and by studying its daily logs I found out that somebody
scans the port 31789 of all the servers and even clients in my network. What
can be potentially found on this port?

2) There was another log entry in the log files which makes no sense for me.
That is as the follow:

Oct  9 23:21:43 firewall /kernel: ipfw: 147 Deny TCP Y.Y.Y.Y  X.X.X.X in via
ed1 Fragment = 147

This log entry was repeated, some of them had a different value of Fragment.

Can anybody explain that?

thanks in advance,
Nazila