Date:      Sun, 28 May 2000 02:40:36 -0700
From:      W Gerald Hicks <jhix@mindspring.com>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@hub.freebsd.org>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The Ethics of Free Software

"Jonathan M. Bresler" wrote:

>         I worked for two years at the Board of Governors of the
> Federal Reserve System.  During that time, I was able to meet and
> observe the work of several members of the Federal Open Market
> Committee.  Based upon that experience, it is clear to me that your
> statements are unencumbered by having to face reality.  They are some
> of the most careful and dedicated people that I have met.
>
> jmb

Hi Jonathan,

I was half-joking  :-)

On the other hand, there are reasons one might have valid concerns about
such a concentration of power and the enormous potential for abuses of
the same.

Here are a couple of dissenting viewpoints on the Fed grabbed at random
from a quick Yahoo search:

http://webbindustries.com/spotlight/f_fr_art001.html
http://www.seidata.com/~neusys/colm0046.html

No claims made to support the accuracy of these articles, but it does
show that I am not alone in possessing a distrust of the Federal Reserve
Bank.

Cheers,

Jerry Hicks
jhix@mindspring.com

"If the American people ever allow the banks to control the issuance of
their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and
corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of
all property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent
their fathers occupied."
- Thomas Jefferson