Date:      Sun, 13 Aug 2000 03:40:57 -0700
From:      Ross Finlayson <finlayson@live.com>
To:        freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   WaveLAN PCI adaptor hangs 4.1-STABLE

Has anyone else had problems with a Lucent WaveLAN PCI adaptor card causing
FreeBSD 4.1-STABLE to hang?  I find that although the kernel initialization
correctly finds and configures the WaveLAN PCMCIA card (inserted in the PCI
adaptor), the system hangs just a few seconds afterwards.

With PC card setup turned off in my rc.conf file (i.e.,
'pccard_enable="NO"'), I am able to reproduce the problem by hand, as follows:

	%pccardc pccardmem 0xd0000
	%pccardc dumpcis

This causes the system to hang immediately (*whether or not* the Wavelan
PCMCIA card has been inserted in the PCI adaptor).

The same thing happens if I do "pccardc pccardmem" on any of the other
three valid addresses: 0xd4000, 0xd8000, or 0xdc000.  OTOH, if I do

	%pccardc pccardmem 0xe0000

(i.e., using an invalid address) then the system no longer hangs (but of
course, I can no longer access the PCMCIA card).

Has anyone else had this problem?  Any ideas?

	Ross.